Social Media and Screens Detox Workshop
“My kids have not used an iPad, we limit how much technology our kids use at home”
– Steve Jobs, in a 2011 New York Times interview
In Australia, more than 1/3 of our waking hours are spent connected to a device. Laptops, desktops, phones, the internet of things means our consumption of technology is now so important that a New York Post published article by Dr Nicholas Kardaras labelled technology as “Digital Heroin”. It’s time we dive deeper into this relationship and study solutions to be mindful of this reality.
The goal of this workshop is to take a much needed step back from our current reality and look at the reasons behind technology forming such a critical part of our life. We dive into the many different aspects of our lives that technology effects (physical, social, psychological), and spend time creatively discussing, and experimenting solutions via interactive exercises.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Current figures: How much technology are we currently consuming?
- Interactive discussion: Is all this tech use beneficial?
- Impacts of our consumption of other aspects of our lives
- Looking ahead: How will all this use of tech shape the future of work?
- Solutions: What can we do to reclaim our precious time, focus and better develop relationships that matter to us.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP?
"Joannie's Social Media Detox workshop gives you the tools you need to be mindful about how and when we use our phones. She discusses the impacts of overusing social media and reminds us that when we are fully present we don't miss out on memorable moments."
People Operations Specialist
"Thank you Joannie for a well planned and captivating social media detox presentation. The session was really informative and I’ll be implementing be the tips and tricks into my daily routine"
Office Experience Coordinator